Advance tickets went on sale for Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War this morning, around the same time as the release of that jaw-dropping trailer. Well, just a few hours later, the film has already broken a key record.
Fandango has announced that Infinity War is now the fastest-selling superhero movie within the first 24 hours of ticket sales. This record was broken six hours after the tickets went on sale. This breaks the record set by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016, which was followed by this year’s Black Panther.
Everyone already knew that Infinity War would be a huge success, and this is the latest sign of that. Just wait until box office tracking hits in a few weeks…
LOS ANGELES – MARCH 16, 2018 – Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War has already broken Fandango’s record for best-selling superhero movie in the first 24 hours of presales. Advance tickets for Infinity War went on sale on Fandango at 6 am PST/9 am EST today — and within just six hours, it surpassed all other superhero movies, including the previous top two record holders, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Black Panther, respectively.
According to a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 film fans buying tickets to Infinity War this morning:
- 97% can’t wait to see how dozens of heroes work together in the same film
- 94% are excited to see different franchise characters (Guardians, Avengers, etc.) meeting one another for the first time.
- 92% see Infinity War as the culmination of all of the MCU films before it.
- 87% have seen all of the MCU movies.
- 71% saw Black Panther on the big screen.
- 60% claim Black Panther made them even more excited to see Avengers: Infinity War.
With every Fandango VIP purchase of Infinity War” tickets, Fandango FanShop is offering a complimentary Infinity War poster by popular artist Kaz Oomori, while supplies last. Fans have the option to choose one of five exclusive posters featuring Black Panther, Okoye, Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Guardians of the Galaxy and many others.
Fandango is the ultimate digital network for all things movies, serving more than 60 million unique visitors per month, according to comScore, with best-in-class movie information, ticketing to more than 30,000 U.S. screens, trailers and original video, home entertainment and fan merchandise. Its portfolio features leading online ticketers Fandango, MovieTickets.com and Flixster; world-renown movie review site Rotten Tomatoes; and Movieclips, the #1 movie trailers and content channel on YouTube. Fandango’s movie discovery and ticketing innovations can also be found on mobile, social, AI and voice platforms from Apple, Facebook, Google, Amazon, and others. Fandango’s video on-demand service, FandangoNOW offers new release and catalog movies and next-day TV shows to more than 200 million connected, over-the-top (OTT) and mobile devices, while Fandango FanShop curates unique and exclusive fan gear and collectibles. In Latin America, the company operates leading online ticketers Ingresso.com and Fandango Latin America.
- Paul’s 15 Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 - January 17, 2022
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021