Even though director Guillermo del Toro recently dropped out, Warner Bros. is moving full-speed ahead with the Justice League Dark movie, tentatively titled Dark Universe. Last we heard, the DC adaptation was looking to begin production sometime next year, even though a new director has yet to be hired.
And now, we have a slew of casting rumors for the lead characters, courtesy of Latino-Review. Currently, Dark Universe is set to feature John Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, Swamp Thing, Etrigan the Demon and Madame Xanadu. Who is WB looking at to play these characters?
- Warner Bros. disagreed with del Toro’s choice to play John Constantine, who is unnamed here. Instead, the studio is looking to A-list talent to cast this role. Apparently, Colin Farrell is the frontrunner to play Constantine, while Ewan McGregor has also been approached.
- Whoever does not land the Constantine role may have a chance to play Jason Blood, aka Etrigan’s human alter ego.
- Before dropping out, del Toro’s pick to play Swamp Thing was frequent collaborator Ron Perlman. Reportedly, the general consensus on this one is that it’s still a “good idea.”
- WB is apparently looking to cast an actor with comedic presence as Deadman.
- A Hispanic/black actress is being sought to play Zatanna.
- Monica Belluci is the top choice to play Madame Xanadu.
- Additionally, Cara Delevingne might reprise her role as Enchantress from next year’s Suicide Squad in a cameo appearance. This move would connect Dark Universe to the greater DC Extended Universe.
- Paul’s 15 Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 - January 17, 2022
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021