The latest issue of Total Film includes a feature on Warner Bros. and DC’s next film, Suicide Squad. The magazine visited the movie’s set last year and learned some new details on what to expect. Many thanks to Batman-News for compiling this information.
- In the Suicide Squad trailers, the team is seen fighting a group of mysterious creatures. Who are they, exactly? Producer Charles Roven calls them the “Eyes of the Adversary.” On what to expect from the Eyes, Roven says, “Let’s just say, when they’re called in to do this mission by Amanda [Waller], these are one of the things they encounter. They don’t know how they got here, but they’re weird and dangerous and yet they’re wearing military uniforms.”
- One of the film’s most anticipated characters is Harley Quinn, played by Margot Robbie. On playing this character, Robbie says that she embraced the cheerful, humorous side of Harley, while writer-director David Ayer also explores the “much darker side” of her relationship with The Joker. “Harley’s story is about her relationships – not just with him, but finding herself and her independence,” says Robbie. “Their relationship is nuts. It’s terrifying. She’s co-dependent with the Joker, and when you see that, you start seeing it as a mental illness.”
- Talk then turned to Jai Courtney’s Boomerang. The actor says that he has fully embraced this character’s flaws, calling him sexist, racist and “a total piece of s**t.” Courtney adds, “It’s Boomer’s job to state the obvious, do the wrong thing and annoy everybody with his ignorance.”
Suicide Squad is scheduled to hit theaters August 5th. The third installment in the DC Extended Universe stars Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, Jai Courtney, Joel Kinnaman, Cara Delevingne, Viola Davis, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Adam Beach, Jay Hernandez and Karen Fukahara. David Ayer writes and directs.
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021
- Review: TENET (2020) - September 12, 2020