While Solo: A Star Wars Story did well with critics, the film was anything but spectacular at the box office. The movie, which had a production budget between $250 million and $300 million (if not more), only grossed $212 million domestically and $385 million worldwide. These are really bad numbers for a Star Wars movie, especially with a massive budget. There’s still hope that home video sales will give it a boost, and now, we know when that will happen.
It has been announced that Solo is heading to digital platforms on September 14th, before going to 4K, Blu-Ray and DVD on September 25th. The home video release will have the usual bonus features and deleted scenes; you can check out the full list below.
Do you plan on picking up your copy of Solo: A Star Wars Story?
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid – and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso –Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park – In an exclusive bonus feature available as a digital code with the Target release, you can get a look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
- And Deleted Scenes:
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- Paul’s 15 Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 - January 17, 2022
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021