As this source isn’t particularly solid, I suggest to take the following with a larger-than-usual pinch of salt. A NeoGaf forum user posted some potential plot details for Batman vs. Superman, citing the source as someone from the 2016 movie’s art department who was recently fired alongside others. Latino-Review picked up on the post and did some digging, and while it cannot confirm if anyone has been fired, workers have apparently decided to move on from the production following the release date delay. Anyways, here are the rumored plot points from the Man of Steel follow-up. If true, they reveal just who the villains are, Wonder Woman’s role in the movie, and more. [Obviously, if true, the following consists of potential MAJOR SPOILERS from the movie. If you do not wish to be spoiled, stop reading now.]
– The villains are Lex Luthor and Metallo
– Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
– Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
– Wonder Woman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
– Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
– Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
– The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
– Lois is investigating Lex.
– Metallo “kills” Clark
– The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes
– At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.
These spoilers do line up with some of what we’ve heard before – Aquaman being in the movie, the falling out between Batman and Robin, etc. – but again, as the source isn’t exactly proven, take this rumor with a big grain of salt for now. Of course, if these are true, it’s possible that they were from David S. Goyer’s original draft. Chris Terrio is rewriting the script, leaving plot details subject to change. In the meantime, stay tuned for more news as we have it.
Batman vs. Superman (not the final title) is scheduled to hit theaters May 6th, 2016. The follow-up to Man of Steel, the next installment in the DC Cinematic Universe stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Diane Lane, and Laurence Fishburne. Zack Snyder directs from a script by David S. Goyer and Chris Terrio.
Latest posts by Paul Romano (see all)
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021
- Review: TENET (2020) - September 12, 2020