With filming on the Gotham pilot underway, we were treated to several images showcasing characters from Fox’s Batman prequel series. To accompany these portraits, Warner Bros. Television has released biographies for Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Alfred Pennyworth, Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin, and Selina Kyle. A lot of these details were known already, but some new tidbits of info can be found below. Gotham is expected to premiere on Fox next fall. [Via GothamSite]
– Detective James Gordon (Ben McKenzie – Southland): James Gordon grew up in Gotham City’s surrounding suburbs and romanticized the city — where his late father once served as a successful district attorney — as a glamorous and exciting metropolis. Gotham will follow the young detective’s turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City Police Department as he navigates the multiple layers of corruption that secretly rule Gotham City (the spawning ground of the world’s most iconic villains) and will also focus on the unlikely friendship that he forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune.
– Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue – Sons of Anarchy, Vikings, Copper): Jim Gordon’s partner and mentor, the rough-around-the-edges Detective Harvey Bullock plays loose with police procedure, but gets results — and he does so with old-school, hard-ass panache.
– Alfred Pennyworth (Sean Pertwee – Elementary, Camelot): A tough-as-nails ex-marine from East London, Alfred has loyally served the Waynes. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he’s fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz – Touch).
– Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor – The Walking Dead, Another Earth, Accepted): Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin has the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal. A low-level psychopath for gangster Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith – The Matrix trilogy, HawthorRNe, Collateral), he hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor.
– Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova): Selina is a teenage orphan who is suspicious and wholly unpredictable. A street thief and skilled pickpocket, she’s dangerous when cornered.
The GOTHAM pilot is executive-produced by Bruno Heller (The Mentalist, Rome) and Danny Cannon (CSI series, Nikita). Cannon is directing the pilot episode from a script by Heller.
Based upon characters published by DC Entertainment, GOTHAM is from Warner Bros. Television. The project has a series commitment at FOX.
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021
- Review: TENET (2020) - September 12, 2020