We’ve heard rumors on what these two games might be, but we didn’t report them because they weren’t credible sources. Well now there is so much evidence that we have to talk about it.
- The game has reportedly been set for a summer 2017 release date.
- It’s set 10 in the future (after Batman: Arkham Knight?)
- Bruce Wayne is old and uses a cane. Similar to the beginning on The Dark Knight Rises.
- Bruce is mentoring his son Damian Wayne; who has take up the mantle of Batman.
- Damian has a Batbike and will face old and new villains.
- Lots of characters get redesigned. Dick Grayson has a shaved head, and Black Mask is a female.
This is an interesting direction to go in. Having a Batman game starring someone who isn’t Bruce Wayne is a huge gamble. We expect this to become it’s one franchise, and having Damian as the lead is a risky move. I personally would’ve gone with fan favorites Dick Grayson and Terry McGinnis, but we’ll have to see how this turns out. Kenzodielocke said he doesn’t believe the game is set in the Arkhamverse, but isn’t completely sure.
To add more to the story, WB Montreal has been releasing some promotional and recruitment videos over the last year. Some eagle eyed fans caught a picture of an unrendered Batman game. The image is obviously Batman, and it’s a map we haven’t seen in previous Arkham games. The images have larger streets than what we saw in Batman: Arkham Knight, and the video has been taken down by WB Montreal.
|via Batman Arkham Videos|
There’s even more evidence that the Damian Wayne rumor is true. Batman Arkham Videos was able to reveal text behind the scenes of another promotional video. You can see in the image below that they are going over a scene in the Batman game. You enter on foot, exit on foot, grapple away, get on you bike, and make a “cool” exit. The bike and the grapple basically confirm it’s Batman.
|via Batman Arkham Videos|
The next bit of news is the second game WB Montreal is supposedly developing – the Suicide Squad game. This game has been rumored ever the post credit scene in Batman: Arkham Origins; and now we might have some idea on what the game might be like. This comes from NeoGaf user, Kenzodielocke, so once again take this with a grain of salt.
- WB Montreal has gotten help from Rocksteady for this game.
- It’s a brawler
- You get to create your own avatar, grow it out, with tiers of rewards
- there are plenty of characters to choose from
- It has online co-op
- It’s “Borderlands-esque”
For those who don’t know: Borderlands is a character building game. You start off with a character that has a special ability, and then you do missions to build up your character. If you and your friends can build a squad and go on mission together that would be amazing. It’s definitely an interesting concept. Hopefully we hear something about these games soon – maybe at Playstation Experience this weekend?
For more news on Batman, Suicide Squad, Injustice and more stay tuned.