The CW just held its San Diego Comic-Con panel for Supergirl, which begun production on its third season a few weeks ago. During the panel (via TV Line), it was announced that four new characters will be joining the show next season.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. alum Adrian Pasdar has been cast as DC villain Morgan Edge, who, in the comics, is the leader of the Intergang. But on Supergirl, Edge is a ruthless real-estate developer with big plans for National City. He’s known for getting exactly what he wants, no matter what, and he’ll quickly find himself at odds with both Kara and Lena Luthor.
- Next, Jane the Virgin‘s Yael Grobglas will play DC villainess Psi, who uses her enemies’ minds against them. When Kara first confronts her, she will be affected in “surprising” ways…whatever that means.
- Carl Lumbly, the voice behind Martian Manhunter on the Justice League animated series, will portray M’yrnn J’onzz, the father of J’onn J’onzz. A pacifist religious leader, M’yrnn will push his son in “unexpected” ways.
- And finally, Wayward Pines‘ Emma Tremblay will play Ruby, an independently minded resident of National City whose obsession with Supergirl puts her in harm’s way.
- As a bonus, EW has confirmed that Calista Flockhart‘s Cat Grant will return in the season three premiere, and she will recur throughout the season.
Stay tuned for more news as we have it. Supergirl returns on Monday, October 9th at 8 PM EST on The CW.
Latest posts by Paul Romano (see all)
- THE PUNISHER and JESSICA JONES Cancelled, as the Marvel/Netflix Affair Finally Ends - February 18, 2019
- CAPTAIN MARVEL on Track for Big $100 Million Opening Weekend - February 14, 2019
- BATMAN VS. TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Animated Movie Announced - February 14, 2019