For a while now, 20th Century Fox has been developing a film starring X-Men character Gambit, who will be played by Channing Tatum. The movie has had trouble locking down a director, while Tatum confirmed that rewrites are underway, following the success of Deadpool and Logan. Now, we may have some details on the film’s plot.
Splash Report has published an alleged plot breakdown for Gambit, confirming its ties to the X-Men franchise and its heist tone. Here are the highlights…
- Gambit is called the Ocean’s 11 of comic book movies, exploring Remy Lebeau’s career as a thief and his heists. The movie also showcases Lebeau’s romance with Bella Donna Boudreaux, which is forbidden by their families.
- For the film’s biggest heist, Lebeau is hired by Nathaniel Essex, aka Mister Sinister. Essex Corporation was teased in the X-Men: Apocalypse post-credits scene, so it was only a matter of time before he showed up. Leabeau is tasked with recovering a trunk owned by the Boudreaux family, and for his team, he recruits Dani Moonstar and Jamie Madrox/Multiple Man. The former character is in the New Mutants movie, while the latter previously appeared in X-Men: The Last Stand.
- Gambit will references the events of Days of Future Past and Apocalypse, firmly putting it in the X-Men world. The movie will feature a cameo from a “blue X-Men regular” – Beast? Mystique?
- The third act has three major plot twists that change the story’s direction. The twists are said to be surprising, rather than cliché.
- Paul’s 15 Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 - January 17, 2022
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021