Following the success of Marvel’s The Punisher, Netflix quickly renewed it for a second season. Now, with production starting soon, Marvel has announced the addition of three new characters to the cast.
- Josh Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises) will play John Pilgrim, a man who has moved on from a life of violence…until circumstances bring him into Frank Castle’s world.
- Floriana Lima (Supergirl) will play Krista Dumont, a psychotherapist for military veterans who is described as “smart, compassionate, and driven.”
- Giorgia Whigham (Scream: The TV Series) will play Amy Bendix, a street-smart grifter who has a mysterious past.
The three actors join Jon Bernthal, Ben Barnes, Amber Rose Revah, and Jason R. Moore, who reprise their roles from season one.
Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb has this to say about the new additions. “Josh, Floriana and Giorgia are all remarkable talents and we can’t wait for the audience to see what we have in store for them in the second season of Marvel’s The Punisher.” Showrunner Steve Lightfoot adds, “We are incredibly excited to have Josh, Floriana and Giorgia joining the cast of Marvel’s The Punisher and seeing them bring their talents to the next chapter in the Frank Castle story.”
A premiere date has yet to be confirmed for The Punisher season two, but with three other Marvel shows returning on Netflix this year, we’ll likely have to wait until sometime in 2019 to see it. Stay tuned for more as we have it.
Latest posts by Paul Romano (see all)
- Warner Bros. Reaffirms Emphasis on DC Solo Films After AQUAMAN’s Success - January 19, 2019
- GLASS on Track for $45-50 Million Opening Weekend - January 18, 2019
- SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Trailer Released - January 15, 2019