Following the success of Marvel’s The Punisher, Netflix quickly renewed it for a second season. Now, with production starting soon, Marvel has announced the addition of three new characters to the cast.
- Josh Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises) will play John Pilgrim, a man who has moved on from a life of violence…until circumstances bring him into Frank Castle’s world.
- Floriana Lima (Supergirl) will play Krista Dumont, a psychotherapist for military veterans who is described as “smart, compassionate, and driven.”
- Giorgia Whigham (Scream: The TV Series) will play Amy Bendix, a street-smart grifter who has a mysterious past.
The three actors join Jon Bernthal, Ben Barnes, Amber Rose Revah, and Jason R. Moore, who reprise their roles from season one.
Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb has this to say about the new additions. “Josh, Floriana and Giorgia are all remarkable talents and we can’t wait for the audience to see what we have in store for them in the second season of Marvel’s The Punisher.” Showrunner Steve Lightfoot adds, “We are incredibly excited to have Josh, Floriana and Giorgia joining the cast of Marvel’s The Punisher and seeing them bring their talents to the next chapter in the Frank Castle story.”
A premiere date has yet to be confirmed for The Punisher season two, but with three other Marvel shows returning on Netflix this year, we’ll likely have to wait until sometime in 2019 to see it. Stay tuned for more as we have it.
- Paul’s 15 Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 - January 17, 2022
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021