DC Films’ Birds of Prey will see Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn form a gang of major female characters, such as Black Canary, Huntress, Renee Montoya, and Cassandra Cain. We’ve heard plenty of casting rumors over the past few months, and now, we have a refined shortlist, courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter.
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw (A Wrinkle in Time), Jurnee Smolett-Bell (Underground), and Janelle Monáe (Hidden Figures) are in contention to play Black Canary. This confirms a past rumor that Warner Bros. is looking to cast a woman of color as the traditionally white hero.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane), Margaret Qualley (The Nice Guys), and Cristin Milioti (Black Mirror) have all either tested or read for the role of The Huntress.
- Justina Machado (Jane the Virgin) and Roberta Colindrez (I Love Dick) have tested for the role of Renee Montoya.
- WB is looking to cast an Asian actress as Cassandra Cain, who will be a 12-year-old in this movie.
Latest posts by Paul Romano (see all)
- THE PUNISHER and JESSICA JONES Cancelled, as the Marvel/Netflix Affair Finally Ends - February 18, 2019
- CAPTAIN MARVEL on Track for Big $100 Million Opening Weekend - February 14, 2019
- BATMAN VS. TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Animated Movie Announced - February 14, 2019