At last week’s San Diego Comic-Con panel following the premiere of Batman: Assault on Arkham, DC announced its animated slate for 2015. Joining the previously confirmed Justice League: Throne of Atlantis are Batman vs. Robin and Justice League: Gods and Monsters. And now, we have further details surrounding both projects. The following was included in a press release from Warner Bros.
Toward the end of the panel, producer James Tucker announced the DCU slate for 2015:
– Coming in early 2015, the Aquaman origin story, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
– Arriving sometime in the first half of 2015, Batman vs. Robin, which will feature the first-ever animated appearance of The Court of Owls.
– And potentially premiering at Comic-Con 2015 will be Justice League: Gods and Monsters, marking a return to the DCU films by animation legend Bruce Timm for this special film. Timm developed the original story and many of the character designs for Justice League: Gods and Monsters, and is producing the film. (Note: James Tucker will continue serving as DCU producer following “Gods and Monsters”)
Additionally, James Tucker took to Twitter to clarify Timm’s role in Gods and Monsters. While it was previously reported that the DCAU mastermind was directing, he is merely producing the story which he developed and was behind many of the character designs. The film will be directed by Sam Liu and written by Alan Burnett. Also, Tucker confirmed that Batman vs. Robin (which isn’t a “Court of Owls” adaptation) is set in the universe created by Justice League: War, while Gods and Monsters is indeed its own thing. Stay tuned for more news on these projects as we have it.
- Paul’s 15 Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 - January 17, 2022
- How Legendary Pictures Can #ContinueTheMonsterVerse After GODZILLA VS. KONG - April 19, 2021
- 5 More Marvel Legacy Characters We Want to See in the MCU - February 7, 2021